Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee Forum
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
thoughts on how to do investigations 

Post thoughts on how to do investigations
In my limited experiences I find that it might be a good idea that if you see something don't mention it to a fellow investigator. I think you should simply move in the direction of what you saw. If the other team member also moves in that same direction it is likely that you both have seen the same thing. take pic's,video,EMF readings whatever but do not describe to each other what you might have seen.
I think both team members should be interviewed seperatly and then there answers compared side by side to see if what they both saw is the same.
To often I have seen where one will say "did you see that?" and the other say's "yea I think so, what did you see". He starts to describe what he saw and the other say's "yea thats what I saw to". Before you know it they both have seen the same thing.
I am sure there is a scientific name for this phenomenom but I can't think of it offhand. I call it "thought transferance". if anyone knows the right term for this let me know please!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 am

Post Re: thoughts on how to do investigations
Another term for that would be confirmation bias. I agree that is the best way to handle eye witness accounts that can not be backed up via video or audio.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]